The Phone am Surely getting this Christmas- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Specs and Price)
I would soon be changing my phone from the Infinix Hot 4 Pro due to the problems I encountered- Infinix Hot 4 Pro Nougat Update problem and Infinix Hot 4 Pro without IR scanner; and I was searching all around till I made some reasonable conclusions concerning my dream phone:
- I didn’t want a samsung phone, cos the screen replacements for a good samsung phone costs a fortune
- I didn’t want a Gionee phone, because the screen was too fragile and gionee isn’t light.
- I didn’t want a Htc phone because of battery issues
- I didn’t want a tecno phone, cos I do not like the graphics
- I didn’t want infinix anymore, cos they did not do important things I suggested to make them make it in Nigeria
- I couldn’t buy a nokia phone, cos I was simply unattracted
- And i cant use a spedtrum phone (like Itel, blu, etc for personal reasons).
So, I searched everywhere on the Nigerian market but I was seeing the above named phones reappearing and as usual, guess what?
I love being different. So I headed on to Amazon to probably Import my phone (which I would do before Christmas) and I saw the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4!
Brief Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 smartphone was launched in August 2016. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 401 pixels per inch. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 price in India starts from Rs. 10,999.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 runs Android 6.0 and is powered by a 4100mAh non removable battery. It measures 151.00 x 76.00 x 8.30 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 175.00 grams.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Infrared, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by glo 4g). Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
According to Android Authority,
The Redmi Note 4 is not perfect, but it is a well-rounded package that one wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a budget or mid-range smartphone. Packed in a neat chassis, the smartphone performs great and is a compelling value-for-money smartphone.
Full Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Display and Camera
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 has a 5.5-inch IPS display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The phablet has a 5 megapixels camera on the front and a 13 megapixels camera on the back. The rear camera features phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash, HDR, and Panorama.
Hardware and Software
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 offers two processor option, though both may not be available in your country. Your first choice is the Deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 and the second choice also called the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro features the Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specs
Here are the specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
- Platform: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), MiUI 8
- Processor: 2.0GHz octa-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 625) or 2.1GHz deca-core (MediaTek Helio X20)
- GPU: Adreno 506 or Mali-T880 MP4
- Memory: 2GB, 3GB, or 4GB RAM, but I’ll go for the 3GB ram!
- Colours: Silver, Gray, Gold, Blue, Black
- Dimension: 151 x 76 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 165g (Qualcomm), 175g (MediaTek)
- SIM Type: SIM1: Micro-SIM, SIM2: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: PDAF Autofocus, LED Flash, Geo-tagging, Face Detection, Smile Detection, Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) [MediaTek], LTE band 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300) [Qualcomm]
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB on the Go (OTG)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 4100 Li-ion mAh Battery (non-removable)
- Standby Time: –30hours normal use
- Fast Charging: Yes
What do you think about this phone?