How to Remove Your Details from Truecaller!
Trucaller android app (To download Truecaller Unlocked version, click here) is an incredible app that makes us to know details about a caller, including:
- The name
- The email
- The facebook id
And with that, you can get to know almost every caller on your phone with the Truecaller app, and only on rare occasions would you see an error!
But then, the annoying thing is that you also get to pay an undiscussed price: Your identity can also been detected on that platform that makes you see the identity of others. So today, I’ll show you how to simply remove your identity from Truecaller app.
How Does Truecaller actually get Identities from phone Numbers?
- 1 How Does Truecaller actually get Identities from phone Numbers?
- 2 Why You should Remove your details from Truecaller App
- 3 How to Remove Your Details From Truecaller App
- 4 How to deactivate truecaller app For Android Users
- 5 How to deactivate Truecaller app for Iphone Users
- 6 How to Deactivate truealler app for Windows Phone users
The procedure by which TrueCaller App provides details of a phone number is very simple, it just crowd-sources contact details from its all users, hence making it easier for you to find the details of number. So, don’t get shocked if your contact details are available on Truecaller even when you never used it.
However, sometimes you are not able to get any details of the number, one reason is that the number which you are trying to search is isn’t saved in any truecaller user’s device.lol
Why You should Remove your details from Truecaller App
As we know that TrueCaller lists all kinds of phone numbers, including landline phones also, another surprise is that it also shows its address. However, you obviously don’t want any stranger to know your address but he/she is easily able to find the address because of truecaller. This is due to Truecaller’s sourcing of data from public sources. How? Ill explain.
If any person is knowing your landline number, he/she is able to find its registered address because many telecom providers have this information public.
As discussed above some disadvantages of TrueCaller App, so you should remove your number for your own security.
How to Remove Your Details From Truecaller App
For this reason of privacy intrusion and leak, you should consider removing your number from Truecaller’s database. Note that you can’t remove your number from the service if you still want to be using the app. You’ll have to deactivate your own account to get your number removed. If you were hoping to get just your number removed, while seeing contact details of everyone else who calls, its not possible.
Right? But, before uninstalling the app, you should deactivate your account and disconnect from the Truealler database. Following are the steps to be taken for deactivating your Truecaller account in different mobile operating systems..
(Click here to see how to recover your stolen phone)
Step 1: Deactivate your truecaller App account
How to deactivate truecaller app For Android Users
- First of all open the App
- Then Tap on the people icon in the top left corner
- Select Settings
- You will see about option there, click on it
- Then Click on Deactivate Account
How to deactivate Truecaller app for Iphone Users
- Open the app and tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- And then navigate to About Truecaller » Scroll down » Deactivate Truecaller.
How to Deactivate truealler app for Windows Phone users
- First of all open the app and Tap on three dots which is present in the bottom right corner
- Then Click on Settings and then Help
- Deactivate your account
Step two: Unlist Your number from TrueCaller app’s online database
Follow the following simple processes to do so:
- Go to the Truecaller unlist page.
- Enter your phone number with the correct country code. For example: +2348022222222 or +919999999999.
- Tick one of the reasons for unlisting, or if you wish, type your reasons for removal in the Otherform.
- Key in the verification captcha.
- Click Unlist.
That’s all about removing your number from Truecaller database. However, Truecaller takes up to 24 hours to remove the number details from its server after receiving the unlist request, but it doesn’t always mean that your number is removed from its database forever.
Yes, this is because it’s possible that Truecaller again obtain your number details from any of its user’s address book where your contact details are saved in. For example, if your friend has your numner stored on his phone and he installs TrueCaller app, you would be identified again. So the best thing is, if you noticed you are being identified again, someone new with truecaller saved your number, so you have to repeat step two again. And that way, you’ll remove your details from truecaller app!