How To Flash MTK Android Phones
MTK Android Phones seem to be ruling the mobile market these days, especially in Nigeria, and they include likes of
- Tecno android phones
- Some samsung android phones
- Infinix android phones
- Lenovo android phones
- Gionee Android Phones
- Solo android phones
- Innjoo android phones , etc.
What you need:
=> VCom Port drivers. If you do not know how to install this, watch a video here,
=> ROM for the phone to be flashed. The ROM is the phone’s complete software.
=> your windows PC.
=> A good usb cord.
How to flash with SP flash tool.
- Switch off the device and detach the battery if possible.
- Download the stock or custom ROM image and unzip on your PC.
- Extract the downloaded latest version of SP flashtool and browse in to the folder.
- Run Flash_tool.exe
- Go to the download tab.
- Click scatter-loading button.
- Open the scatter file at the Stock ROM folder.
- Click download to start flashing.
- Connect the smartphone to PC using USB cable while battery removed and press volume button to make it easy to detect the device to PC.
- Let the SP flash tool complete the flashing process.
- Close the SPflashtool and detach the device from PC.
In case you dont understand the process above, watch this video too.
Note that this SP flash tool or Smartphone flashtool developed by MediaTek Inc. The whole ownership and all copyright goes to them and we do not hold any responsibility of damaging your data or devices due to misuse of the tool.
Device preparation and precaution for sp flashtool .
- Flashing with a custom ROM will terminate your device warranty while Stock ROM won’t. beware and have a clean idea about what you are doing.
- Always have a full backup of your device data. Flashing will erase your personal data from the memory.
- Check whether you have enough battery life. 30-50 % charge of battery is recommended.
- You must have installed ADB drivers on your PC. Download ADB here if you haven’t installed them.
- No need any special permissions, specific skills or knowledge. Just have a ROM image downloaded and you are ready to go.
After a successful flashing, a green ring would appear like this: